Monday, October 3, 2011

23 with lots of memories

Tomorrow I will turn 23. It doesn't seem possible. Birthdays always make me reminisce on the past. You might enjoy some of this.

I remember back in elementary school when Josh had become my new crush. At age 10, I didn't realize that he would be the one I'd marry. But I sure knew that he was something else. I remember one day he flipped his eye lids out and it freaked me out! I seriously had a nightmare about Josh that night. It was most likely at that point when I realized that he was a little more than something else I wanted at the time.  

Just guess which one is Josh
But Josh had already sworn to himself that he'd marry me one day. He reminds me of that moment all the time. I was on the stage in the Bonham Elementary cafeteria for our 4th grade talent show. I had a mic in hand and my favorite glittery leather jacket on. I sang and danced my heart out that day to Britney Spears' "Sometimes I Run." Embarrassing, yes. But if that's what it took to win his heart, I'd do it everyday. Josh remembers everything even down to my dance moves. Next time you see us, you should get Josh to do the dance for you. He does it better than me.

Well, we couldn't stay kids forever, but I don't mind. Josh's little sister Sarah, is now 10 and she already having crush after crush. Hannah (4) loves everybody. At one point she wanted to marry me. Then the next day she told me that me and "bubba" had to break up so that she could marry her "bubba." Now that she is in pre-K she is around more boys her age, one of which has a crush on her! Oh my! But he is always super sweet to her. Last Friday when they were walking together to the parking lot, I heard him tell her that he liked her and he hoped she had a great weekend. It was so sweet but also a little crazy! They're only 4!

As we grow older it seems like the younger kids just grow in every way possible. It's a little scary. One day Sarah and Hannah will find a guy who will hopefully treat them as good as their bubba treats me. I just hope it will be more later than sooner!

I'll try to add some pictures of me when I was younger another time. All those pictures are at my parent's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment